Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Purpose Driven Life... day 2.

As I said earlier, I had to type out last night's reflections this morning.

Anyway, today's chapter was titled "You Are Not an Accident" I knew from reading the chapter title that this would hit me hard. I have a tendency to feel as though my life is purely accidental and I have no real purpose. This chapter, however, tells me different.

Not gonna lie here, I do have a hard time believing that God knows what's up and definitely has a purpose for me. This is where my spiritual journey tends to come to a standstill. Sure, I believe in God and I love Him, but how can He make my life so confusing and so much like a roller coaster, and still definitely know my purpose? It seems impossible. I'm hoping that this book will help change my view on that.

Anyway, today's question to consider is very relevant to me so I'm gonna post it here and answer it!

"I know that God uniquely created me. What areas of my personality, background, and physical appearance am I struggling to accept?"

So starting with personality:
1. I'm very antisocial a lot of times.
2. Depression. enough said.
3. Years of acting have made me a good liar. I can lie with the best, and I tend to do that to avoid... whatever I want to avoid.
4. I'm mean.

Now background:
1. Dad's death, and the years with mom that followed.
2. My personal struggles that my close friends know (that may end up on here at a later date)
3. Mom remarrying and relocating to Roanoke.

Physical appearance:
1. Height
2. Weight
3. Hair color... too plain, I'd like to be a natural redhead.
4. I basically want the model look, and I don't have it.
5. Ohh, this is a big one. Hair texture and stuff. I don't see why I have to have a frizzy monster on my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment