Saturday, September 4, 2010

The First Rambling of a Crazed English Major

So... I haven't posted since I gave up on trying to keep up with my thoughts on The Purpose Driven Life... lovely.
So, what's been going on with me? Well, school's back in session, which means I'm reading, writing, analyzing, reporting, repeat... Yeah, I have no life. I'm taking time out of my homework in order to do this blog in which I will probably complain about my life, my work, and my lack of money... but on a good note, I have a job now! yay!

Okay, so first order of complaining. I'm taking a Witchcraft in Literature minicourse this semester. It runs for five weeks and has four required books. So, the same professor who teaches this also teaches my British Literature survey I'm taking. So, he walks in yesterday and announces to my survey class that he is late cause he was adding another book to this mini, and lost track of time! GAH! So... now, I have to buy another $12 book! It's a big ordeal to someone who has $30 in her bank account and a $50 credit card bill still to pay.

Second order of complaining, while searching for the best deal on before mentioned book, I decided to look up the banned book list. So, Catcher in the Rye is on there, yes? I've never read that book, so I decided I wanted it, and I also wanted to get another copy of To Kill a Mockingbird to replace mine that was destroyed in the Great Water Tank leak of '09. In addition to this, I have decided wayyy before that I want the book One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. So, are we seeing my problem? Sooo many books, Soooo little money! I suppose these will all go on my Christmas list. Then I'll get them and be a happy little English Major.

Anywhoo, my Creative Writing assignment is calling my name. I'm Out Peeps.

Peace, love, and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment